Mr. Barnes is a 1992 graduate of South Texas College of Law. He obtained his B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin. Mr. Barnes is licensed in the State of Texas and is admitted to practice before the United States Federal Courts for the Fifth Circuit.
He currently practices law in Houston, TX and practices as a plaintiff’s attorney, representing clients in Longshore and Harbor Workers' compensation matters, state workers' compensation, personal injury cases as well as retaliatory discharge claims.
Mr. Barnes has lectured at the Houston Bar Association's Bad Faith Insurance Practices Seminar (2002) and National Business Institute's Workers' Compensation Seminar (2004). He is a member of the Texas State Bar, Texas Workers' Compensation Local Attorneys of Houston, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Houston Trial Lawyers Association and the Houston Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Workers Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- University of Texas, Austin
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Workers Compensation Commission Lawyers Association